FTX.US’s average daily volumes skyrocketed 512% in its third quarter versus the second quarter and hit a peak of $807 million during a 24-hour period on Sept. 7, the crypto derivatives exchange said Thursday.
- FTX.US recorded an average daily volume of $360 million for the quarter, the company said in a press release.
- The company said its platform user count rose 52% in the quarter versus Q2.
- The exchange added that it held about 4.5% of the U.S. crypto spot market volume at the end of the third quarter, up from about 2% at beginning the quarter.
- On the closing of its LedgerX acquisition, FTX.US said the deal would allow the company to “provide licensed crypto futures and options to our retail and institutional customers, and has placed us in the unique position to reshape the U.S. derivatives market.”
- FTX.US also plans to be in “constant communication with regulatory agencies and are hoping to play a central role in defining crypto regulatory policy in the U.S.,” FTX.US President Brett Harrison said in the statement.